Controller for BDS (Formerly B&D Simons Trucking) a Camrose family owned business in the trucking services industry.
The Controller is responsible for overseeing and assisting where necessary in the day-to-day tasks related to billing, collecting on accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll processing, and managing cash flow. The controller position is responsible for the reporting for the group of companies, which includes the production of reports, statements, budgets and forecasts and advice to the owner/manager group.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the accounting operations of the corporate group, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliations
- Oversee the accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Oversee the payroll process
- Process and payment of the accounts payable in a timely manner
- Oversee the effective management of working capital and cash flow including preparation of monthly cash flow statements
- Ensure compliance with debt service agreements
- Ensure all intercompany accounts and transactions are complete and reconciled
- Complete end of period adjustments including internal accruals, deferrals and amortization
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget, forecasts and cash flow planning
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external accountant for the annual review under accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE) standards and notice to reader financial statements
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Education and Experience
- The role requires a service minded individual with at least five years of relevant experience
- CPA designation
- Strong financial accounting, reporting and analytical skills to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial information
- Experience with logistics would be an asset
Please send all Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org